iOS 5.1 to replace 5.0.1
Today iOS 5.1 has finally been released as well as a new iTunes 10.6.0.40. The iTunes 10.6.0.40 is ok to update to if you really want to. Myself, I do not update unless A. Something is not working right and this will fix it. or B. I really like a new feature that a update has. Other than that, do not update. Now, time to talk to all my jailbroken and or unlocked iphones, ipod, & ipads. DO NOT UPDATE YOUR DEVICE OR YOU WILL LOSE CYDIA (including all hacked apps) AND YOUR PHONE WILL NOT BE UNLOCKED ANYMORE! <—sorry for the all caps but this is very important stuff folks!
Products compatible with this software update:
- iPhone 4S <-Do not update if unlocked or jailbroken!
- iPhone 4 <– Do not update if unlocked or jailbroken!
- iPhone 3GS <–Do not update if unlocked or jailbroken!
- iPad 2 <-Do not update if unlocked or jailbroken!
- iPad <-Do not update if unlocked or jailbroken!
- iPod touch (4th generation) <-Do not update if unlocked or jailbroken!
- iPod touch (3rd generation) <-Do not update if unlocked or jailbroken!
About iOS 5.1 Software Update
This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Japanese language support for Siri (availability may be limited during initial rollout)
- Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream
- Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
- Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces
- Redesigned Camera app for iPad
- Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
- Audio for TV shows and movies on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer
- Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30 second rewind for iPad
- Updated AT&T network indicator
- Addresses bugs affecting battery life
- Fixes an issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
Now from looking at the updates, I do not see anything critical for any device. I see a couple ok things but, going back to my motto (if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it) I will not be updating. Ohh yeah, or it might be the fact that i’m using T-mobile with a Gevey Sim in my iPhone 4. Now Remember if you have any questions, feel free to call those guys at CCRepairz in Henderson. They know their stuff!